Managed IT services help your business save time, control costs and reduce security risks by providing a complete IT department to look after your technology assets
What are managed IT services?
In order to function efficiently and ensure the job is done right, your business requires a network and systems management toolset that delivers IT services quickly, proactively and cost-effectively.
Managed IT services deliver the toolset your require by providing a team of IT professionals, tools and processes to better monitor, manage, maintain and maximize IT systems in order to ensure that everything is running smoothly and efficiently.
By leveraging managed IT services, you are able to focus on your business while our team of dedicated IT professionals takes care of day-to-day IT operations.
What can managed services do for your business?
- Do you want to ensure that your IT infrastructure and data is safe, secure and properly managed?
- Is proactively managing your IT environment to ensure your systems are secure, patched and updated to reduce downtime and decrease security risks appealing to you?
- Are you looking to increase productivity by leveraging a team of trained technicians to help your users solve day to day issues they may encounter?
- Do you want a better, more predictable way to manage your IT costs?
- Would having access to a CIO to help guide your investments and provide insights be of value to you?
- Are you looking for the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your It environment is being taken care of?
If you have been struggling with the management of your systems and looking for a way to improve this in a cost-effective way, explore managed IT services today.
How can MicroAge help?
By partnering with MicroAge, you will benefit from managed IT services that follow a unique and proven process, called the M4 approach. This enables us to assist your organization with high-quality services, whatever its size. The M4 approach consists of :
- Monitor: Performance and alerts generated by IT assets on the network - an overall health check.
- Manage: Network devices, anti-virus, anti-spam, e-mail, firewalls, servers, workstations, etc. - making sure they are always performing according to your business requirements.
- Maintain: Network documentation, inventory management, critical software updates and firmware revisions, and end-user support - giving you peace of mind regarding your IT assets.
- Maximize: The value of your IT investment and the benefits that your internal staff can bring by focusing on your business needs - providing your organization with the right KPIs to help you reach your business objectives.