POSITION-IT SERVER Technician
About MicroAge Chatham
MicroAge Chatham is an IT Solutions Provider with over 30 years of experience. MicroAge is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to exceed our client’s expectations.
MicroAge offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies.
MicroAge also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
About this Position
The Server Technician designs, deploys, maintains and supports IT infrastructure solutions leveraging a variety of technologies, with a primary focus on servers and networking.
– Evaluate performance of existing IT environments
– Maintain documentation of IT environments
– Coordinate with vendors as required for support, patches, remote control, version upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting
– Provide escalated end user support as required
– Provide regular proactive updates to internal MicroAge teams as well as client representatives
– Continuous learning and advancement of technical skills as required to best support the clients
– Minimum 2-3 years of related server administration and implementation
– Ability to work within a team environment
– Candidates should hold one or more CompTIA certifications: A+, Network+, Server+
– Strong working knowledge of server and networking technologies, including switching/routing, network security, and wireless
– Strong working knowledge of other related infrastructure technologies is an asset. Examples of technology skills that would be considered an asset includes:
– Microsoft Server Operating Systems and related systems such as Active Directory, Exchange Server, Lync, RDS, SAN/NAS, VEEAM and SQL Server
– Virtualization (VMWare/Microsoft)
– Exceptional customer service and professional written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
The competitive salary associated with the position is dependent on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, pension, car allowance, mileage, and training allowance.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.