There is no denying the fact that the cloud is gaining popularity. Not only does it provide incredible cost savings, it also creates an anytime, anywhere work environment, thereby empowering an organization with flexible solutions and an increased speed to market.
MicroAge’s cloud solution is a managed service hosted in a fully secured data centre that provides accessibility to your core IT infrastructure. As your business grows, it is essential that you have the ability to ensure reliable and secure access via a customized Internet portal to your company’s entire IT work environment.
While going to the cloud increases productivity and streamlines costs, there are other important considerations to take into account such as, security, reliability and accessibility.
Cloud Solutions Components
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Software and accompanying data are centrally hosted on the cloud and accessed by users through the Web
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Computing, storage and networking resources available on a pay-per-consumption basis, accessed through the Web or on a virtual private network
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): A cloud platform that includes the operating system and some software layers
- Public cloud: A computing model under which a service provider offers applications, storage and other valuable resources typically on a pay-per-use model online
- Private (on-premises) cloud: A special computing model comprised of cloud infrastructure and applications operated for the organization and hosted at their headquarters or at a remote or third party location
- Hybrid cloud: A computing model comprised of both on-premises and off-site resources that integrates both private and public clouds
Cloud Solutions Benefits
- Cloud services can be accessed from any device
- Improved speed to market and greater business agility because cloud services can scale up or down based on user requirements
- Dramatically lowers or eliminates capital expenses while providing a more predictable monthly operating expense. IT resources can now match actual needs instead of managing excess infrastructure for peak demand levels.
- Increases productivity through ease of IT management and improved application and data accessibility
- Business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities